HOW EARLY DO I NEED TO ARRIVE FOR MY TREATMENT?
We ask that you arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you are a new client, we will book an initial consultation time for you to complete a health questionnaire
WHAT IF I AM LATE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
If you are late for your treatment we will endeavor to accommodate you but cannot promise your full treatment time
All times quoted include treatment preparation and consultation. Please be aware that some treatments include a different length for consultation/preparation
WHAT ABOUT CANCELLATION POLICY?
We understand that it is sometimes necessary to reschedule appointment times, however as our treatments are reserved especially for you with one of our therapists, and to avoid disappointment to other clients, we require 24 hours notice via telephone or email otherwise a 100% cancellation fee will apply
ARE THERE ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS THAT WILL INHIBIT ME FROM HAVING TREATMENTS?
All treatments are carried out subject to a health questionnaire. Certain health conditions may preclude you from having some treatments. If you have any concerns then please check with us when making your appointment. These include, heart conditions, pregnancy, respiratory problems, recent surgery, epilepsy, diabetes, metal pins/plates, skin disorders, pacemakers or high/low blood pressure
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
You can telephone, email or contact us. We advise that you make your reservations in advance to avoid disappointment. Credit card details WILL be required to secure your treatments. Deposit may required prior to treatment booking.
CAN I REQUEST A SPECIFIC THERAPIST?
Where possible we will always try to accommodate specific requests. Please make sure that you make your request known when booking your treatments
WHAT IF I AM UNCOMFORTABLE DURING MY TREATMENT?
Please ensure you inform your therapist if you are too cold/hot, if your position is uncomfortable or the therapist's pressure is not enjoyable. We will endeavour to adjust or change technique to best suit you
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
As we strongly feel it is important for you to feel comfortable, your therapist will provide disposable underwear during appropriate treatments such as, waxing and body treatments
We believe that as the effect of a single treatment only lasts a short time, it is our professional responsibility to advise on further treatments and products to be used at home, as well as advice on what to do immediately after your treatment. Some treatments may have specific effects and therefore may require specific information
CAN I BOOK A COURSE OF TREATMENTS?
It is possible to purchase a course of 6 of the same treatments. This will be calculated as 5 times the treatment price giving you one treatment absolutely free! Courses need to be paid for in full upon the first treatment and cannot be backdated
We have 2 treatments rooms available which can accommodate one client at a time in each room. If you would like to book the entire salon out we would arrange treatment times to best suit your party
WHAT ABOUT GIFT VOUCHERS?
Gift vouchers are inspired gifts for the special people in your life, for any occasion or any reason. They may be purchased by telephone or at the salon reception. (Gift vouchers are non refundable, must be presented at the time of service are valid from the date of purchase and can be for a monetary value or a specific treatment)
SPECIFIC INFORMATION REGARDING SPECIFIC TREATMENTS
Do not have any heat treatments directly before or after waxing, using sun bed/tanning capsules or any facial treatments. This includes sauna, steam room, swimming and excessive workouts. Please bring open toe shoes to wear after the pedicures
If you have had one of our treatments, or you are thinking about it, Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice, it is important that you become fully aware and understand what should be done by yourself both before and after a treatment in the interest of your personal health, safety, well-being and to ensure you get the best results. Ensuring you read this, will also maximise and prolong the benefits of your treatment. If you have any questions, comments or worries, please contact us straight away
EYELASHES TINT AFTERCARE
Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice below, it is important that you become fully aware and understand what should be done by yourself both before and after a treatment in the interest of your personal health, safety and well-being. Ensuring you read this, will also maximise and prolong the benefits of your treatment.A patch test will be necessary 48 hours before these treatments:
- Avoid heat treatments for 24 to 48 hours
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 to 48 hours, as this fades the tint
- Avoid putting your contact lenses back in for the rest of the day
- Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- Do not touch the area treated
- Avoid swimming/sauna for 24hrs
- Avoid perfumed products for 24hrs
- Oil base makeup remover can cause the tint to fade faster
- Sun/UV lights can cause the tint to fade faster
- Keep lashes dry for at least 24 to 48 hours
- Effects will start to diminish within 4-6 weeks as hair grows out
- Eyelash colour will last four to six weeks and eyebrow colour 2 -4 weeks
- Can get the treatment done again after 6 weeks
- If any stinging or swellings, keep applying a cold dampened cotton pad, cold compressor cooling spray to soothe, if it persists seek medical advice and inform salon so we can put it on your record card.
EYEBROW TINT AFTERCARE
Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice below, it is important that you become fully aware and understand what should be done by yourself both before and after a treatment in the interest of your personal health, safety and well-being. Ensuring you read this, will also maximise and prolong the benefits of your treatment. A patch test will be necessary 48 hours before these treatments.
- Avoid touching/rubbing your eyes straight after the tint application.
- No swimming/saunas/sunbeds for 24 to 48 hours
- Oil base makeup remover can cause the tint to fade faster
- Sun/UV lights can cause the tint to fade faster
- Avoid eye makeup for 24 hours
- Can get the treatment done again after 2-4 weeks depending on the rate of growth of hairs
- If any stinging or swellings, keep applying a cold dampened cotton pad, cold compressor cooling spray to soothe, and then if it persists seek medical advice and inform salon know so we can put it on your record card
EYEBROWS SHAPING AFTERCARE
It is normal to go a bit red after a treatment, especially those of you with sensitive skins; redness usually goes down after the first couple of hours depending on the skin sensitivity. You should avoid the following for the next 24 hours
- Sauna, steam room and hot tubs as the pores are open and infection could occur
- UV exposures as hyperpigmentation might occur
- Swimming as irritation might occur
- Perfumed products/Fragrances, Sunbeds, Touching the treated area
- Avoid make-up to the area as infection could occur
- Apply a soothing antiseptic cream, such as aloe Vera, to calm and sooth redness
- Groom the eyebrows into shape using a brow/lash brush
- To maintain the great shape, you should have an eyebrow tiday in 2-4 weeks
- If the redness is still present after an hour, it is advisable to apply a cold compress over the treated area to soothe
FACIAL TREATMENT AFTERCARE ADVICE
Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice below, it is important because the skin and the underlying structures have been stimulated, bringing newer cells to the surface and encouraging cell renewal in the epidermis. Therefore, it's important not to stimulate the skin even more as this could cause redness, irritation
- Avoid applying make-up to the area
- Do not undertake any other facial skincare treatments within 48 hours of having a Facial
- Avoid direct heat, such as sauna, hot bath, shower or hot hairdryer
- Avoid UV treatments or sun exposure
- Do not apply perfume or perfumed products to treated area within 48 hours of having a Facial
- Undertake any other facial skincare treatments within 48 hours of having your treatment
- Protect your skin in harsh climates. Like the cold and hot sun. Use products that have an SPF.
- Always cleanse, tone and moisturise your face; to prevent loss of moisture, protect the skin from make-up and to keep the skin soft and supple
- Always remove all traces of make-up at the end of the day
- Drink plenty of water (Recommended 6-8 glasses per day)
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Include at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Do not apply any other exfoliating skin care products for 72 hours after having a Facial
- Use the correct products for your skin typen*For long term results book in for regular monthly facial treatment
- Feel free to consult me, should you have any concerns.
- If redness or irritation occurs, apply a cold compress or cooling spray to the area. Seek GP assistance if it doesn't improve in 24hrs
CRYSTAL CLEAR MICRODERMABRASION AFTERCARE ADVICE
Avoid Heat treatments (Including hot baths and showers) and UV exposure for 48 hours. Avoid exercise (anything that might make you sweat) and swimming for 24 hours. Must use a SPF of 15 or more at all times. No sunbeds throughout the duration of the course. We recommend that for 12 hours clients do not put anything on the skin including makeup, cleanser, moisturiser and don't apply fake tan 2 to 3 days after the treatment. No exfoliator is to be used on the face for at least 7 days. The therapist will discuss any products that you need to be using at home after she has looked at your skin. Avoid Botox and Filler for 4 weeks minimum (Please check with Botox and Filler or any muscle relaxing treatment provider before carrying on treatment). Avoid IPL and Laser treatment for 4 weeks. Avoid product contain AHA, Retinol, Retina A and any form of resurfacing treatment or chemical peel for 2 to 4 weeks minimum.
WAXING TREATMENT AFTERCARE ADVICE
Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice below, it is important because the skin and the underlying structures have been stimulated, bringing newer cells to the surface and encouraging cell renewal in the epidermis. Therefore, it's important not to stimulate the skin even more as this could cause redness, irritation. Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first waxing. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours. This means:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or another exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
- To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment.
- Always wash your hands before applying any product.
- To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment, Gently scrub the skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower using a loafer or exfoliating mitt. Also moisturise the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally.
- You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results.
- Hair needs to be at least.1/2 cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments.
- To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks
- Use non-acetone product remover
- Always use a base coat under polish
- Use a good quality top coat to prevent chipping of polish
- Use hand cream, or lotion every day
- Use a cuticle cream or oil (olive) to moisture soft tissue
- Keep nails at a sensible length
- Exercise hand and feet to keep joints supple
- After washing feet dry thoroughly.
- Do not wear tight socks, tights or shoes
- Use a nail file to gently smooth any chips
- Return for regular, professional manicures at least every 2-4 weeks for maintenance and further treatments
- Leave adequate time after your treatment to allow your nails to dry before leaving the salonn
- Wear protective gloves when gardening, or doing housework
- Dry hands thoroughly after washing
- Use non-acetone varnish remover
- Use an oily nail polish remover
- Use hand cream every day
- Do not use your fingernails as tools
- Massage cuticle with cream or oil to moisturise dry cuticles
- Always use a base coat under polish to prevent staining, and use a good quality top coat to prevent chipping
- Never use metal files
- Keep nails a workable length
- Drink plenty of water and eat well
- Do simple hand exercise to keep joints supple
- Avoid harsh and drying soaps
- Return for regular, professional manicures at least every 2-4 weeks for maintenance and further treatments
HOT STONE THERAPY MASSAGE AFTERCARE AND BENEFITS
Hot stone massage therapy melts away tension, eases muscle stiffness and increases circulation and metabolism. The heat of the stones penetrates deep into the muscle tissue allowing the muscles to relax 4-5 times quicker than in a standard body massage, easing muscle tension and revitalising the muscle tissue by increasing blood circulation.The deep relaxation and increased blood flow to the areas being worked not only accelerates any healing processes but also creates a state of deep mental relaxation. The benefits of hot stone massage include:
- Improved circulation
- Increased lymphatic drainage (toxin removal)
- Improved blood flow to tissues
- Reduces muscular tension
- Relieves aches and pains
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Produces a deep relaxation
- After your treatment your body and mind are relaxed. To gain maximum benefit from your treatment it is recommended you read and follow the aftercare advice sheet.
- Drink plenty of water and herbal infusions to help flush out toxins; massage aids the removal of toxins from the body. Aim to drink two glasses of water after each drink of tea or coffee. This helps with dehydration, lost fluids, reduces soreness, reduces fatigue and helps eliminate toxins from your body.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, tea and caffeine at least 12hrs after treatment as they can have a dehydrating effect on the body.
- Avoid heavy spicy meals after the treatment. Eat a light meal so the body can concentrate on natural healing and encourage detoxification.
- Avoid strenuous activity
- For long term results book in for regular treatments and use the home care products prescribed.
- Please support your body with a healthy diet and regular exercise
- Please avoid bathing or showering until the following day ( additional tightening and inch loss occurs for up to 12 hours)
- Sometimes people experience some soreness for 24 hours or so after a massage. If you do feel sore or think that you might, stretch gently in a hot shower or take a warm bath. And remember to tell your massage therapist about your experience so it can be taken into consideration in your next session.
- Be aware of your posture
- Avoid electrical or heat treatments for 12-24 hours.
- Avoid loud or aggressive people if possible to maintain the calming effect of the treatments.
- Avoid heavy mental stimulation where possible.
- Avoid or minimise any stimulation such as loud or aggressive films, loud music or games.
- Rest if possible and sleep even if it is a siesta for half an hour in the middle of the day. It allows the body to restore balance. Long-term aftercare advice. Everyone has differing stress levels and trigger points so what is stressful for one person is not the same as for another. Stress is not necessarily a bad thing and keeps us focused and in peak condition for important events or performances - but too much stress will have a negative effect and how we cope with it differs greatly between individuals. Take time out and enjoy simpler pleasures. Activities which connect back to Mother Earth, such as gardening, are excellent. Take up yoga, meditation - anything that allows you to enjoy an activity to the extent that you are living in the moment - and are completely absorbed, so cannot worry about anything else. Food with good friends is as therapeutic as some salon treatments
MASSAGE TREATMENT AFTERCARE ADVICE
After the treatment, you may experience various reactions none of which you should be concerned with. The body has been stimulated and relaxed and it is now adjusting to this by ridding itself of toxins and working on any problem areas that have been treated.
Just after your treatment, you should:
- Relax for a while after a treatment.
- Wrap up warmly. You might feel cold after a treatment.
- Take care when driving home as your reflexes might be slower. You may feel faint or tired.
To get the best result from your massage you should
- Drink plenty of water, fruit juice or herbal teas. Your body might have been drained of lymphatic waste and toxins which may result in being thirsty and the water will help flush all the waste and toxins away. Water will help the detoxifying process and to rehydrate your body.
- Have a bath to continue the relaxation process or listen to soft relaxing music
- Have a nap or rest if you can - it will make the muscles relax and make the massage last longer.
- Pay attention to general posture. Sitting and walking up straight is of importance.
Within 12 hours, you should not:
- Have a heavy meal after a treatment - allow 4-6 hours. Your body is in a healing state and is thus resting - massage stimulates the digestive system and therefore might make you feel nauseous.
- Drink a lot of caffeine drinks (tea, coffee, red bull) or stimulants - allow 12-24 hours. Alcohol might cause dehydration.n*Use a sauna, steam room or sun bed.
- Smoke - allow 12-24 hours
- Rush around/exercise vigorously - allow a few hours. This will limit the effects of the massage.
- Do not ignore your body's messages. You might feel faint, tired and/or thirsty. Following your massage treatment you may experience over the next few days some of the following contra-action:
- Cold-like symptoms
- Increased sweating
- Stuffy, blocked or a runny nose
- Heightened emotions -
high or low
- Sleepy & fatigued or deeply relaxed
- Temporary worsening of symptoms
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Erythema (reddening of skin due to increased blood supply): increased blood supply promotes healing, flushes muscles (of lactic acid and other toxins).
- Apply cold compress on any redness and if no changes after 24hr, see your G.P. Massage has been found to have many benefits, including:
- Increases blood circulation
- Helps to exfoliate dead skin cells
- Maintains the collagen fibres which give skin its elasticity.
- Moisturises the skin
- Nutrients circulate more effectively
- Improves body posture.
- Help in the remover of toxins.
- Reduces muscle tension.
- Relaxes the mind.
- Improve the skin colour and tone.
- Improves joints mobility.
- Relieves muscular tightness, stiffness and spasm
- Increases flexibility in muscles
- Helps to free adhesions, break down scar tissue and decrease inflammation, restoring a range of motion to stiff joints Improves muscle tone and balance, reducing physical stress placed on the bones and joints. Good dietary habit. A good diet will make the massage more effective. They can work in conjunction to provide certain benefits ranging from weight loss to a calmer outlook. Both make you feel healthier In many ways -that is, if you follow the right diet for you and with good and regular massage. Below are steps you can follow to help de-stress and look after yourself
- Try and exercise regularly (something you enjoy - swimming, walking, gym, yoga, cycling)
- Take time out for yourself and try to slow down
- Enjoy a hobby or spending time with friends or family
- Try deep breathing to release stresses and strains
- Try to release knots in shoulders by rolling them and stretching when at work
- Be kind to yourself (do not try to do too much)
- Try and eat a well-balanced diet (plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables)
- Have a good diet by having your fruits and vegetables
- Incorporate some exercise routines in your day, this could have a positive effect on your psychological and physical being
- Drink plenty of water, fruit juice or herbal teas. Your body might have been drained of lymphatic waste and toxins which may result in being thirsty and the water will help flush all the waste and toxins away. Water will help the detoxifying process and rehydrate your body.
ELLIPSE IPL HAIR REMOVAL PRE AND POST TREATMENT ADVICE
Ellipse IPL Hair Removal Pre and Post treatment advice
Avoid the sun 4 weeks before & after treatment. Irritated skin may be more susceptible to injury. Recently tanned skin cannot be treated as you may develop adverse reactions. You may be asked to stop any topical medications 1- 2 weeks before treatment must consult a doctor before stop medication. You MUST avoid waxing, threading, plucking, epilating or bleaching the hair 4 weeks prior to treatment. You will need to prepare the area to be treated in advance of treatment. The area will need to be shaved & kept clean & free from any cosmetic products on the day of the treatment. Failure to prepare the area can result in an extra charge. A medical history is taken at the consultation, but we rely on you to inform us of any changes to this. We need to know of any medication you are taking including those bought from a chemist or herbalist. We may ask you to provide Dr letter prior to treatment if you are on prescribe medications or ongoing medical treatment
Immediately after treatment, there will be erythema (redness) & oedema (swelling) of the follicles which may last up to 2 hours or longer. The erythema may last up to 2-3 days. The treated area will feel like a sunburn for a few hours after treatment. Keep the area treated clean and dry. A topical soothing skin care product such as Aloe Vera gel may be applied following treatment. If the area still feels hot you can apply a cold flannel or cool pack at home. Do NOT allow ice packs or ice into direct contact with the skin. Avoid picking or scratching the treated area. Do NOT depilate between IPL Hair removal treatments with waxing, plucking, threading or creams that will disturb the hair follicle. Shaving is the preferred method. Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) or Hypopigmentation (lightning of the skin). Use a sunblock minimum SPF 30 at all times throughout the course of treatment. Anywhere from 10-21 days after the treatment, shedding of the treated hair may occur & this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean & remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge. After the axillae (underarms) are treated, you may wish to use a powder instead of a deodorant for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation. Avoid very hot bath or shower for 24 hours after treatment. Avoid steam baths & saunas for 1 week. Avoid swimming for 48 hours minimum. Avoid exfoliation for 1 week at least & microdermabrasion for 15 to 20 days after the treatment. Peels or other invasive cosmetic treatments should be done under the advice of the therapist or aesthetician. If you experience an extreme reaction call the Salon immediately on 02088664777.